Kona Bridge Club
Board of Directors Meeting
l. Meeting called to order at 10:10 a.m.
II. Attendance - Dan, Jim,Sue, Craig, Liz, Shirley, Rexanne
lll. Minutes approved
lV. Treasurer’s Report - Jim reported that he’s getting caught up on bank deposits.
V. Old Business
1. Education - Rexanne reported that our request for a room to teach bridge “gratis” at the school was espectfully denied by the Principal. We do, however have three members who are offering to teach - on a variety of levels. We will continue to look for venues for classes.
2. Dealing Machines - have a safe home - locks have been changed and four keys are out.
3 . Bridge Pads - it was decided to turn off the percentages until after the Big Island Sectional and then we’ll revisit the issue.
4. Bridge Building - Jim will leave a check for Makua Lani Academy for $600 with Dan today to pay for 2015 maintenance.
Vl. New Business
1. Committee and Board Updates
- Education - Etiquette tips should be given by directors before all games - short and sweet. Still looking for another venue for classes.
- Hospitality - Rexanne, Sally and Walt are on it - plants were sent to Barbara and Bob at Life Care.
- Walt suggested name tags for visitors. Will be done for members and visitors alike.
- Media - Bev is doing a great job - scores in WHT for January, and the announcements of our games published weekly in the Coconut.
- Website - We are fortunate to have Sara at the helm.
2. First Aid - CPR/AED Awareness class - Friday, Feb. 27th after the game, from 12:30-1:45 . We’ll have a sign-up sheet.
3. Sectional - Feb 20-22. Liz is in charge - we need printer cartridge for the tournament.
4. Our Next Board Meeting will be Thurs., April 16. (On Feb.27, after the CPR meeting; we’ll discuss bridge pads.)